View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Hi NWinter,

I don't belong to the NYPL but I belong to a few other library systems and all of them seem to work the same. You check out books and download them using Adobe Digital Editions (the library will provide a link to this free software for you to download) then you can keep them 21 days and they automatically expire, though you can turn them in earlier than that if you want. For the Sony, you'd either want to download Adobe Pdf or Epub (preferably). And as long as your using the library card number and the PIN, it should not matter who's name is on the card. I'm using my boyfriend's library card number for the library from Michigan and I live in California, and there's really no way for them to be able to tell. Hope I helped answer your questions. Let me know if you have any more.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote