Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #257
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy

Quote:
That is definitely the case. There is something in a particular factory firmware version that means something extra has to be done to update past 2.0.0. That is why the 2.0.4 firmware has been sent to some Australians.
Hmm?

I had 2.04 and it updated to 2.1.4. I also had a problem with my device saying I was out of memory even though I only had 131 books on the device. The problem occurred with both 2.04 and 2.14, so I did a factory reset. This cleared the memory problem but when it reset it loaded the 2.0.0 firmware.

Subsequently, I have not been able to update to 2.1.4. If 2.0.0 is highly problematic and I don't doubt it, then why would Kobo load 2.0.0 when people do a factory reset ?

I like Kobo and I really like the new product line, I intended to buy a Glo and was also contemplating buying an Arc when it came out. But between this never ending roll out and not knowing when to expect product in the U.S., I find myself rapidly losing enthusiasm.

Last edited by fbrII; 10-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote