Thread: PRS-T1 Returning the T1
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
atomheart
atomheart began at the beginning.

Device: prs 650
Returning the T1

I purchased the T1 yesterday hoping its pdf zooming/cropping features were actually usable compared to the 650, but alas it is not so. It’s unfortunate Sony ereaders (and ereaders in general) do not have a zooming feature akin to run-of-the-mill pdf viewing software, i.e. continuous scrolling at an arbitrary width that does not mangle the pdf to a fixed viewing ratio. Is anyone else miffed about ereader pdf handling? The lack of functional pdf zooming coupled with the T1 randomly not allowing full pdf (raster pdf) page width in landscape mode is a deal breaker. The 650 is less than ideal pdf wise, yet it has never flaked and not displayed a pdf in landscape when selected. I also noticed using the T1's landscape orientation the pdf contents were displayed in portrait layout: the 650 on the other hand retains the landscape format for menus and lists while in landscape. I did like the T1’s menu layout, button functionality, wifi and nicely implemented web browser: however, these merits were eclipsed by the previously mentioned defects.
atomheart is offline   Reply With Quote