View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
mbrown3
mbrown3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
I saw that 0.7.44 added the functionality to sync to furthest page with sideloaded .mobi formatted books and kindle.

After installing .44, I immediately re-converted the book I'm reading and resent it to my devices. I'm pleased beyond measure to report that it works flawlessly, syncing my Kindle3 with my Android Kindle app!

Joe
So...what exactly do you mean by "sideloaded"? I have a bunch of books that I got from free book repositories that started in mobi format, in addition to some that began life as .azw or .azw1 files that have been converted to mobi. It sounds like I need to re-convert the ones that began life as Amazon files, but do I also need to re-convert all of the others? And, for clarification, I'm assuming here that "re-convert" refers to re-importing and allowing the plug-in process to "convert" formats...rather than books that are already in Calibre, and going to "convert" to re-convert them from mobi to mobi (that process doesn't work for going from .azw to .mobi anyway). Is that right?

Thanks...
mbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote