Thread: Demon fantasy
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I quite liked a book by David Michael called The Summoning Fire. It's not a huge book at only about 200 pages, but I found it pretty dark and well-written.

Quote:
Reese Howard used to be an enforcer for the half-devil crime boss known as the Old Man. Now she has nothing. Her lover and partner, Sam, is dead. The Old Man betrayed them. He killed Sam in front of Reese, a blood sacrifice to fuel his latest power play in Hell on Earth. Reese hopes the Old Man made a mistake, leaving her alive. But she has no doubt he's waiting for her, beside The Summoning Fire.
I can't remember there being any humour in this. It's pretty grim.

Amazon (US) - Bit on the pricey side for an indie I guess, but I didn't mind.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote