Thread: Classic Nook free books outside US
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrvn View Post
Tried with a USA VPN, the Star Wars book that in the library the download button was greyed out, now it's enabled but when i click on it, it says "Unlock credit card is invalid or expired. Update and try again." Tried in the nook and the same message that couldn't be downloaded (I know that my ip address on nook still the same).

Well i think that I'll have to use the nook only with sideloaded content. B&N, the rest of the world exists too!
Registering the credit card in your B&N account is not enough. You also need to make it your default credit card.
The B&N DRM needs a default credit card to encrypt the book when it is downloaded.
After you make your credit card the default credit card for your account you should be able to download the books from the B&N website and on your Nook (you must have registered your Nook for this).
Do not give up You are almost there

You only need the VPN when buying books. After the books are paid for you can download them anywhere in the world.

Last edited by geertm; 05-05-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: added VPN info
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote