View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #70
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Usually, the page numbers are not in the ePub, but are added every 1024 characters by Adobe Digital Editions, see How are the page numbers/number of pages defined?.

It is possible to produce an ePub without page numbers (i.e. with page numbers explicitly turned off), but that isn't a good idea because ADE relies on "sensible" page numbers to do things like bookmarks and remembering where you are in the ebook.
That's the disconnect then. I do not use ADE, and have not even installed in on my computer. The epub's I have are non-drm I've gotten either from MR or other sources.

I'm finding a excellent solution in making my own PDF's from my scanned books. I have finalized the options and have a very acceptable ebook.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote