Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #124
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can only nominate a book if it fits in the given month's category. Some books can fit in multiple categories and those are the ones that can be nominated multiple times given that they fit.
I don't know if I've ever seen a book disqualified. Some people have voluntarily withdrawn their nominations, but it seems the club's stance has always been that, besides the six-month rule, the process itself will be what determines what fits in a given month. So without the six-month rule, just three people could ensure that the same book is nominated every month.

Quote:
Lolita doesn't fit into any category we have. Unless I missed something and we have perverted books as a category.
Honestly, I think you might like Lolita being nominated every month because it would give you something to complain about.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote