View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #14334
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
< about The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith (in MobileRead's Patricia Clark Memorial Library) >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
This book had several highs and lows. The lows were somewhat boring and a trifle long winded but the highs were great and hilarious and in greater quantities. I was shocked at how frank the book was regarding mores and sex especially being written in 1931. Perhaps, the Hayes code affected novels also? A nice read and definitely worth the effort to track down a print copy. The fish market and courtroom scenes had me laughing out loud. The cat already believes me crazy. She needs no further evidence. Rated B- [4 stars].

Unsure of my next read.
I had this on my reader and decided to delve into it yesterday. I'm a little over a third of the way through and agree about the lows and highs, so far. *I had to look up The Hayes Code* I am enjoying the book, so far, and look forward to seeing how it progresses. I think it didn't surprise me as much about the "mores and sex", as I had just been reading about the life of Evelyn Nesbit from that era and looking into a book about her life, Beauty Possessed by Ben Lokey. * Money makes its own rules, no matter what the era *
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote