View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Editing questions

In my spare time I've been slowly making an ebook of Hartmann the Anarchist. It is an interesting story, that has pretty much fallen off the face of the map, and generally difficult to find (two ebook copies of it exist, and both are poor OCR scans of the same dead tree copy).

Now, I've mostly got it all together, and looking pretty well, but have a few questions, basically trying to poll for personal preference.

When the book has bars or something to break up, do you use characters to try and mimic what they did (such as doing a line of asterisks), or use a horizon line (<hr>)?

Also, do you change grammar and punctuation for modern standards, such as making to-morrow into tomorrow.

Is there anything I should try and avoid, due to issues for various readers or apps?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote