View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
A quote from the article:

Quote:
"If a new book is now worth about $9 then we have seriously devalued that book," Grisham said on the "Today" show.

"Suddenly the whole industry is going to change, you are going to lose publishers, you are going to lose bookstores. I am probably going to be alright, but the aspiring writers are going to have a hard time getting published," he added.
Pedantic aside: surely a professional journalist working for Reuters knows that "alright" is not actually a word? It should, of course, be "all right." If not, does the Washington Post no longer employ copy editors? Yes, I know, dumb question.

For those who haven't read Grisham's books (I have read them all, mostly with enjoyment...might be replacing my hardback collection, many purchased second-hand, with ebooks now), The Pelican Brief had some environmental interest, mostly to do with an oil company drilling in a protected wildlife area.

P.S. For those who haven't read his books, my favorites are A Time to Kill and The Rainmaker. The Firm is one of the most suspenseful books ever; but I prefer the others for their human interest and great characters.

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 03-18-2010 at 12:18 PM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote