View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
Thanks for your help, and apologies, I'm not sure how to modify "/Users/Dani/.ssh/known_hosts" - am I just pasting the IP? What would be a more permanent solution?
If you never had to deal with this file before, it's probably easiest to simply delete it. (Yes, I'm serious).

A permanent solution is to make the device present the same key whether booted to diags or main, by copying the dropbear key files from the diags partition to the main partition, or vice versa.

If this is happening not because you're connecting to a single device in different modes, but indeed to different devices, then synchronize the keys across the devices, or give each device a unique IP address (in addition to the above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
The confusing thing is the kindle itself is telling me its IP address is 192.168.15.244, the device listed under network settings says it is connected with an IP of 192.168.15.201. Am I correct in trying to log in using 244?
The .201 is probably your computer. The Kindle is .244.

PS: Just before this gets out of hand (and I hope that this notice is actually not needed): please note that this is the "Kindle developer's corner", not a "Linux newbies" forum. If you attempt to use SSH, you're supposed to know what you are doing, or to be willing to read the appropriate documentation. There are plenty of tutorials online on how to get started with the command line on Linux.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-14-2012 at 05:41 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote