View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #1761
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by RONE View Post
I keep seeing people with ebook collections that are larger than some local libraries. What reason is there for needing to have thousands of books at your fingertips at all times?
Short answer: Because I can.

They aren't all on my device(s), but they're in my Calibre library, which is in Dropbox, which puts them at my fingertips as long as I have wifi (or 4G on my phone). Yes, I have more books than I can read in this lifetime. No, it doesn't necessarily make sense. Before Kindle, I always had a pile of paper books, too, that I thought I'd get to "some day". I do read a lot more now than I did with paper books, but I still acquire them a lot faster than I read them. At least they don't take up much space now, though.

I currently have 207 books in Marvin - I delete a book as soon as I've finished it. I've got a LOT more than that in Calibre. But there's a always that new shiny book I hear about that I just can't resist adding to the pile. EBHD - eBook Hoarding Disorder. Yep, I've got it.

Last edited by Meemo; 08-16-2013 at 02:27 AM.