View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #53
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I was a bit confused by this thread. Jailbreak != removing ads. It's a term invented (I think) by the iphone community to mean a method of running unsigned/unofficial software. The term is used here to mean basically the same thing: running unofficial code. Jailbreak doesn't mean to remove ads.

Which brings me to my second confusion. Why all the hate for ads? You only look at it for a max of 5 seconds before unlocking and reading. It's like a billboard on the road, you see it for a few seconds and forget about it. It's not like it wakes you up at night with an annoying sound or anything. It's not even animated. I think TV ads are MUCH more annoying, and you still pay cable fees. At least amazon is giving a discount for viewing ads.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote