View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I noticed the indent myself although it is ok. Perhaps there were some spaces in the document to fake an additional indent. You can go to the MobileRead mobipocket section and download the same book for yourself. Then you can compare the looks in MobiPocket with the looks in eBookwise and convert the file yourself to inspect it.

Dale
Dale:

Thanks for the heads up where to find the original .prc.

By the way, I was referring to 'line-spacing' i.e. space between lines (not indentation) when I said it was a bit much.

As it turns out, this .IMP ebook was made with the 'medium' font size (not JSWolf's doing).

I attach the proper .IMP ebook that 'mobi2imp' should have generated, but didn't due to a 'bug'.

It seems the original .prc has as its <body>:
Code:
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" style="FONT-WEIGHT:normal; FONT-SIZE:medium; MARGIN-BOTTOM:245px; LINE-HEIGHT:normal; FONT-FAMILY:Times New Roman" text="#000000">
As I usually just insert the margins/fontsize just after <body, I got:
Code:
<BODY style="margin-left:2%; margin-right:2%; text-align:justify" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="FONT-WEIGHT:normal; FONT-SIZE:medium; MARGIN-BOTTOM:245px; LINE-HEIGHT:normal; FONT-FAMILY:Times New Roman" text="#000000">
That means that even though the 'small' font should have been used, the second in-line style in the body tag superceds that; or anything I would have put first like 'font-size:small;'.

I fixed 'mobi2imp' to remove that 'FONT-SIZE:medium;', in fact, remove anything in the <body> tag before I start 'fixing'.

I will change 'mobi2imp' to accomodate this! Stay tuned for version 8 ...

-Nick

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-19-2008 at 11:02 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote