View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Posting Milestones (by request)

Note: By request, I've changed this thread into a place for folks to mark milestones in their posting "lives" -- it's just something to have fun with. — NatCh

Today marks one year since my first post here at MobileRead, and this is my 2,000th post, so I figure that it might be a good time to finally do the "Introduce Yourself" thing.

It's been a quite a ride since I ran across MR while randomly Googling for e-ink and e-reader information. In fact, that search brought me not just here, but also to the first information I'd seen (which was here, as it happens ) on the iLiad, Sony Reader, and the HanLin devices. Then the discussion was about how to survive the anticipation leading up to their planned release dates and of course, rampant speculation (mixed with a few facts) about what exactly each might do, and how much they might cost.

Now look at us! We've got 'em, we're hacking 'em, and we're still screaming for more.

Anyway, on to the introduction stuff. As you can see from my location entry, I'm a Citizen of the Republic of Texas (spent most of my life here, actually). I'm a graduate of Texas A&M University (Did you hear about the Aggie that was so dumb the others noticed?), with a degree in Electronics Engineering Technology. My first job was with Applied Materials, a semi-conductor capital equipment manufacturer that very few folks outside of that industry have ever heard of -- they make the machines that put the magic smoke in computer chips. Now I'm an application developer for the Number 1 or Number 2 (depending on the year) cancer research institution in the world, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, which I enjoy most days, and I don't have to wonder if what I'm doing is making the world a better place or not -- between those two things I can't ask for a much better situation.

I guess that's long enough for me to feel like I've done something suitable for such an auspicious occasion, so I'll not make this any longer than it already is.

Thanks to Alexander for making such a marvelous spot on the web, and to all the Editors and MobileReaders for keeping it such an interesting, informative, and pleasant thing to be a part of.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote