View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #47
Lloyd Tackitt
Lloyd
Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I'm one of those people who always reads the Author Acknowledgements in a book, so I always laugh when I see a glowing review from someone who was listed in them. I usually leave a comment mentioning that.
Having 61 reviews on my book, and of course having read them all, there are are several that are factually incorrect about stating the contents of the book. In several cases I wonder if they even read the whole book, or retained any of what they did read. In some cases the reviewer comes back with a comment on a technical point, and their response is factually incorrect, apparently basing their "knowlege" on something they heard someone say and not on actual research.

With that in mind, I take all of the reviews on amazon with a grain of salt and look more for the overall trend of the reviews. Kind of like news stories - have you ever read a story about some incident that you were intimately familiar with and discovered that the news reporter got it wrong, or missed some information that they should have had? I have on three occasions. Now I read news stories with a large bucket of salt.
Lloyd Tackitt is offline   Reply With Quote