View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #80
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by original-occam View Post
Like several others I have the SD card problems. Additionally, my KT now and then acts on its own:
(a) I had the KT sitting on the table with nothing clode to it - and it suddenly changed from 'airplane mode' to being connected to my network (by WIFi)
(b) when it has 'lost' the SD card it sometimes re-finds it WITHOUT any action being necessary - just letting it be is enough to regain the SD books

Further, it used to be that it took several minutes to "process content" after a power-on. Now it takes less than a minute, but the percentage processed is shown as 6%; bot when it starts processing and when it goes on to the home page.

Oh well, since I keep my books on a side loaded SD card, I guess I will have to revert to dead trees until Kobo releases an update.
I keep getting the, "There were problems with your internet connection" message error, when no there isn't/wasn't.

Stuff downloaded from my calibre content server no longer shows up, i.e. I see the dl progress bar in the browser going and finish, but the item doesn't show up on the "home" page like it USED to, nor is it visible in the library!

I really just noticed this now as I finished a book that I had been reading and tried to download some material from my calibre content server... very annoying.

LOUSY update. We need a way to force revert to prior updates.

[EDIT]
So I wasted(literally!) some time and updated calibre to the latest version, re-converted the content again, and tried dling it. Progress bar goes to completion, however it still doesn't show up in the library or the home screen as they used to with 1.9.10 and prior.

Back to the computer running calibre, open up the epub in calibre, it opens, looks good...

Kobo's getting a bad rep with me, filesystem corruption forcing a factory reset for me before 1.9.10, 1.9.11 just generally FUBARed, just wish that Amazon had released the Kindle Touch last spring now or that I had gone for the B&N Touch(not really an option though as the browser was useless and was the KT's primary selling point to me and now that seems to be ENTIRELY USELESS!).
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
Went a step further mounted the uSD directly on the computer, checked the files nope it never actually downloaded it apparently, unless the browser defaults to internal mem but I don't think so...

Also checked the filesystem on the uSD, and it was fine.
[/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]
OK, I was incorrect. The browser is defaulting to downloading to the internal mem, and I had FOUR copies of the file there!

Moved the original to the uSD and so will now see what happens:

Interesting:
db_integrity.log:
Code:
Mon Oct 3 16:34:30 2011

*** in database main ***
Main freelist: freelist leaf count too big on page 3606
[/EDIT3]

[EDIT4]
...so AFTER unmounting the KT (w/uSD installed and having moved a copy of the file in question) I've triggered a Processing Content "event" which I'm currently waiting for to finish...

Nope still didn't work...

Back to the drawing board guys, or maybe you got rid of the wrong fw guy.
[/EDIT4]

[EDIT5]
Yeppers, just did a completely manual CLI copy of the file in question directly to the uSD still no go. Also confirmed last new content(sideload) added and useable is from the same date that I had this godawful "update" foisted off on me, 9/23/11, which is why I had it foisted off on me!

Thanks for making my KT useless! Probably time to go shopping for the new kindle touch.
[/EDIT5]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 10-03-2011 at 04:56 PM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote