View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Gary - with regard to calibre, you would have to use the 'Save to disk' function (and possible re-import that version into calibre) or you could do a mobi->mobi conversion. Both will update the ebook file with edited metadata. But I can't verify that either of those options will properly set the start point to the cover page (it very well could... I just don't know).
No, editing the cover or the metadata will not have any effect on what point the book opens to. As I said earlier in the thread, that's determined by the "other.ms-firstpage" item in the "Guide" section of the OPF file. If it's not present at all, the book will open at its first page, which is normally the cover (but doesn't have to be, of course).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote