View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
In early 1999, I purchased an iPaq PDA and bought and read several books on it. It had a very small screen and relatively short battery life. Plus the lit screen shined into your eyes. Nonetheless, I really liked the portability and the fact you could obtain a book electronically rather than have to find a book store or library.

Then in mid 2007, I stumbled on a Sony 500 in a CompUSA Store and was very pleased with the changes (eInk, long battery life, screen size etc) that industry had made. I agonized over whether to buy one. It was then that I happened onto MobileRead and immediately joined. I quickly learned the 505 was coming out in time for Christmas and ended up buying one in Jan 08. It seemed a great improvement over the 500 and I was very pleased with. In fact, had I not dropped it walking to the gym a few years ago, I'd probably still be using it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote