View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #505
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Gotta agree with you on this one. Overall, I'd just say the book is boring, but then factor in not really liking the protagonist (I actually found her quite annoying) and the silly mistakes throughout (if you want to know if someone has a fever, you don't take the thermometer out and start shaking it before you look at it -- you do that before putting it in their mouth). Have no idea how it ended -- don't really care.

Hope you enjoy King's latest as much as I did, though! (And I'm also a huge Connie Willis fan).
Connie Willis is just great. I also love her short fiction, she really is one of those authors where length doesn't matter.

I usually enjoy Young Adult fiction, though I think the only dystopian books I really love are the Hunger Games. I tried Divergent by Veronica Roth which got a lot of hype too and it didn't do much for me. I only finished it because I had payed for it. Well, it was okay, but nothing more and I won't listen to the rest of the series.

I went to Goodreads and read a couple of reviews of Ashes Ashes and found that quite a few people think it isn't that great. It's just boring and not worth spoiling my Easter weekend listening to it.

As for the latest King: I used to be a big fan of his in the 80s, he really was the one who introduced me to speculative fiction. Misery is my all time favorite horror novel, but I haven't read any of his newer stuff. I am a sucker for time travel, though, so I thought I just had to give this one a try.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote