View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Amazon Insists on DRM for Mobipocket eBooks

Seems that Amazon is insisting that Mobipocket format eBooks have to be sold with DRM.

Quote:
As a reader who wants to own e-books for real, I’ve had reason aplenty to loathe DRM.

Now, as a first novelist, I have even more justification.

The e-bookers at Amazon insist that books in its Mobipocket format be distributed with DRM even when publishers object. And that’s hitting Twilight Times Books and me in the pocketbook.
Quote:
Mobi’s distribution arm apparently won’t do business with Twilight unless Scandals and other books appear with DRM. And guess who offers software for creating Mobi-DRMed e-books and potentially could perpetrate major gouges in the future? Talk about the risks of Standard Oil-style monopolies in the making. It’s Jeff Bezos, wittingly or not, vs. the small guys.

You can read the full article written by David Rothman at TeleRead... http://www.teleread.org/2009/03/01/a...ls/#more-17957
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote