View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Problem with me is not whether or not I see the lights or not,
Problem is, that it's using needlessly battery this way.

The ability to turn it off, is vital to extended battery life.
If currently the battery lasts 8 weeks, with leds off, it might top 12 weeks.
It's not much, but it's something!
Generally, I'm against wasting energy, when it takes so little to program the device to maximize it's battery life by turning it off!

Now, granted, if they had turned off the backlight completely, but had equipped the device with an unused audio output for headphones, or a (micro) SD cardreader, that was not used, just that part would consume more battery than the leds set at intensity 1.

Nowadays it's all about numbers, and having a device work 10 weeks is better than 'only 8' weeks!
To me, it seems an inefficient way of running the device!

With the 'led off' hack, is it easy to turn it on again, or do you need to do a system reboot?

Last edited by ProDigit; 12-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote