Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hmm... I've just realized that regardless of which book wins (save Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea), I may be priced out of March.
By the way, I've been doing a bit of reading on the horrid state of affairs with this book relating to bad translations. However, the main complaint is the original translation and some that were derived from that terribly abridged version.

There is no such problem with the MR links I've provided. They were based on a public domain translation by F. P. Walter which was meant to be quite good and not abridged (religiously or politically).

I think those who were hanging out for a "proper" translation of the text need not wait for a new book to be published.

HarryT can probably expound much further as my investigation into the matter was brief and based on the Wikipedia reference to this novel and the epub that HarryT has kindly provided for us here at MR.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote