View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by markino View Post
Well that makes more sense to you. You can't have everything. In any case, with your above scenario (and bearing in mind the limitations of the screen) what would be wrong with having the Home screen able to toggle between recent reads (ie those books you have actually had open recently) and recent additions? Wouldn't that satisfy everyone, even those with fairly unusual reading habits?

Are you really advocating the notion that a current, open, unfinished read should be removed from the Home screen by recent additions?
Apparently you think my reading is weird. Maybe it is. But, I know far to many people that read several books at a time. My wife has them lying around the house. Answering the question "Have you seen my book?" is hard because I don't know which one she is talking about.

How about this for a use case: I have a PDF of the train timetable on my Touch. I open it every few weeks if I am catching a different train to usual. If I finish my current book, should this suddenly be shoved on the home screen when I haven't looked at it for a month?

The suggestions for changes to the home screen are OK, but I doubt they will happen. Personally, there are more important things to be done. Now that they support series information, I want a series list. And an author list (for both, think the shelf list but for the series and authors respectively). These would make the device much more useable for me than the changes you suggest for the home screen.

I don't advocate the removal of the "current, open, unfinished read". If they could pin that on the home screen, I would like it. The problem is the definition of "current".

A big advantage of the current handling of the home screen is that it is simple.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote