Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd say the definition is simple: it's in bad taste when the listener is offended or upset, and not amused.
What if you find a joke in bad taste and I find it funny? Does that make it funny or in bad taste?

That's the problem. What some see as funny others can see as bad taste.

Take the movie Borat for example. I borrowed the DVD from the library and started to watch it. I got about 1/2 way through and stopped it because I thought it was awful. My wife also did not like it. But a lot of people did find it funny. So is it funny or is it in bad taste?