View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I also just took advantage of his 50% off for the Pro version.

I have been using the free version and like it. But can anybody point me to a manual for this? It's not obvious how to organize shelves or things. It seems to put stuff on my 'recent' list somewhat randomly, it tags all imports as 'favorites' automatically. I also made the mistake of loading a bunch of .cbr and epub and others (about 60) and now file management is becoming a problem.

Basically - There seems to be an interaction between declaring a book "My Favorites", you seem to be able to "Edit Book Information" and set/clear a check box for "Favorite" and then there is a optional "Category". How do these interact and what does a "Favorite" mean? There is also a "Shelf Type" that seems mixed in.

I seem to be able to hit the icon in the upper right and choose "My Favorites". When I select this - I get folders with my Category's. (Adventure, SciFi, Comics).

When I pick a Category - I see some of my titles. Is this all the titles for this Category or the titles that are also "Favorite"?

I have Chosen a category, then hit the menu button to "Sort By" then Choose Author.

My first book is "2312" by Kim Stanley Robinson and my second book is "A Knight of the World" by Terry Brooks. Not by author at all but title. Nothing seems to sort by author.

Note: I am toggling between Sort By Author and Sort By Title - and the order of the books appears fixed.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote