View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
The device feels good to her. Screen is really nice, I didn't notice any glare problems but admittedly was focused on getting it setup. Black framing of case is shiny but doesn't take up much real estate, back of device is a matte charcoal black, not slippery.

Setup was pretty straight forward, virtual keyboard appears when needed for searches & menu setup. IMHO pretty slick. To start downloading books from library, device instructed us to go to the Sony Reader store via the device we selected the reader store, created an account for her and then the device was auto authorized w/ADE.

Pluses so far: Icon for Library: once setup, does a search for your closest library through zip code or city info, you then select your library then the device quickly loaded the library's overdrive website section. Just log in with library card number start searching or use the quick link to your overdrive library account. You can then access your wish list or requests that are ready for pickup and download. (We tried a title search but Overdrive/or library is having a problem with searches at this moment, I just verified with normal search from PC and got the same error message when doing a search)

Downloading library book was fast. I accidentally downloaded the same title twice due to this so when exploring how to delete titles found an option icon to return a book early to library. So of course had to try that out, it worked. The far right button that looks like a justified symbol brings up menu options.

I'll try to give some more organized details when I've had time to play more.
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote