View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Alright I used the inf wizard utility that comes with the lib-usb download. As long as I force the kindle to be in usb recovery mode it makes and installs the correct driver.

I adopted the flashing instructions from the noob guide (as well as copying the img file back over) and did the whole n-u-z-x thing and the kindle displays as usb ethernet/rndis gadget. Unfortunately I CANNOT set the IP address, despite the fact that it correctly appears as a network adapter in Windows devices manager. There is a "netword address" field which doesn't allow the full address that the noob guide wanted, but trying a shorter address I can't ssh into the kindle (using putty).

So that is where I am at now-- I have it up to the kindle acts like a network adapter but I can't set the ip address nor can I ssh in.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote