View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktamuk View Post
thank you for promt input. Headphone works fine thru the earphone jack. But it bugs me so much that it kept me awake all night tring to uninstall or reinstall all the apps that i've had. btw, what is a 'golden update'? is it the 'update.zip' thing in the other thread which we could update to androind 2.2 (which i already did) ? anyway, thank you very much again. still frustrated though.
This is a hardware problem and no amount of messing about with software will fix it.

Inside the headphone socket there are switches that switch off the internal speakers when headphones are plugged in. If, for some reason, those switch contacts do not make contact then the internal speakers will not get a signal. There are several reasons for problems with headphone sockets, one is bad QC but most of them are due to either the wrong plug being inserted, or being wiggled about, or even being pulled out at an angle. I've seen them all and even one in which the owner had pushed a screw driver in 'to make it bigger to fit the plug', needles to say it was completely wrecked.

At least you have headphones working so you are not completely without sound.

Edit: The golden update is the last resort return to factory 1.6. But as I said changing software will NEVER fix a hardware problem.

Last edited by ivanjt; 07-31-2011 at 06:35 PM.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote