View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Kindle Will Be 10% of Amazon Sales in 2012

What is it now?

Let's say that all book sales represent 1/2 of Amazon sales. Amazon has already said that they are selling more ebooks than paperback and hardbacks, so ebooks must be at least 1/3 of their book's sales. This means ebooks should already be over 16% of sales (1/3 of 50%) and probably a lot higher because I've been conservative in my estimates here (books are probably closer to 75% of their sales).

Obviously they must mean sales revenue and not sales volume. However, I'd be even more interested in what percent of their total profit margin is attributed to ebooks. Too bad Amazon doesn't release figures investors can actually use -- then again they don't have to because there is no shortage of investors willing to buy Amazon stock based on the info they do release.

Last edited by Daithi; 06-09-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote