View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
soup
soup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I think I found the answer to this the other day, I copy and pasted a line of code I thought would work and it did.

I don't have the code on me right now, but if you find an ePub with a working table of contents, maybe what I can remember off hand might be enough, however I'll post what I use up when I get the chance, I found it works remarkably well.

in the book I had with the line of code that worked, the code was around the chapter title, it read something like:

"calibre5_calibre3_toc_id1<title_chapter 1>"

now I KNOW that isn't the exact code, but it should help you find the right code if you have a book that has a working table of contents, also this was an ePub converted from a PDF using calibre.

if you do find the line, the '1' in "toc_id1" can be any number, and only have to be in chronological order, 1, 100, 1000, 10000 will wok just as well as 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.

the "chapter 1" part can read as anything you like, it will read on the TOC the same as that line of the page, but the font will be different.

you can place them anywhere in the page, it doesn't have to be at the beginning.

this worked on my kobo, I don't know what your reader is or if this will work on it, I'm new to this.

hope this helps. I should be able to give the exact code in about 10 hours time after this post.

Last edited by soup; 07-20-2010 at 12:54 PM.
soup is offline   Reply With Quote