View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #17
L1Wulf
Enthusiast
L1Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Uh, yeah. My sorting on disk is remarkably similar to my paper library... Well with one exception, I can find any book/series in my paper library in about one minute or less.

We've got three tall and two short bookshelves with "current" books and boxes of older "keepers", my nightstand has two shelves which are both stacked and there are (hmm...) I think three more sitting just below the lamp.

On the laptop hard drive, there's some here, some over there, some that I started to sort, some that are named quite obscurely (which I should have changed upon acquiring), etc. I know it sounds like a mess, and honestly looks like one too, but I've got a good idea of what I have, it's just a matter of finding it when I want it. :/

Additionally, I'd like something I can scan through and find all those "must haves" that I didn't have time to read when I came across them and knew I'd forget when I had the desire to read something new.

This is completely different from my paper habits, which is usually "buy as needed", which means I'm quite familiar with what I've got; but with so many free books out there, $50 credit from Connect, special pricing on bundles, etc. I have more stuff waiting to be read than I know what to do with. And I am happily sorry to say, it's not getting any better...
L1Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote