View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
nate i assume when you use \ in a regex that means to look for the leading character instead of it being used as part of the formatting? if so i think that makes it so it finally makes sense to me.

I find that Notepad++ works great for removing junk lines in the text.
in notepad++
go to search > find
search for a term that appears in the lines you want to remove.
check mark line, hit find all.
go to search > delete bookmarked lines

The characters [] have a special meaning in regular expressions. A slash '\' is placed before each one to force the use of the non-special meaning.

Anyway, I tested the expressions I provided above. They work correctly in MSWord.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote