View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon21 View Post
I tried uninstalling everything:
ss hack
font hack
physkeyb
lpad
freedownload mod
usbnet
readability mod
dev keys
jailbreak

- - -

I suspect the actual culprit might be my attempts to stop K3 from sending log reports to the Amazon servers. My memory betrays me as to what I edited exactly, but I believe I was following those two threads:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51371
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129524
The first of those links is not clear if it applies to the K3 and contains multiple sets of change instructions.
Examine each file mentioned in the thread for the changes mentioned, revert the changes.

The second, depending on the version you used, would have removed the scripting required to run the un-installers mentioned.

Can you confirm what the results where of running each un-installer?
Can you confirm that each hack was un-installed?
And/Or :
Can you attach to your next post (don't use "quick reply", click the "go advanced" editor, use its "manage attachments") the script that you did use from the second link?
There was more than one version posted on (the now dead) gitbrew site.

Please include your answer to AZImmortal's question also.

Last edited by knc1; 10-11-2012 at 02:12 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote