Thread: MobileRead November 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
And the winner is Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I'm excited to read Cloud Atlas. My reading challenge is so tight as the year closes that I probably wouldn't have been able to read it this year without it winning here (part of my challenge is reading all the winners this year).

And I respect that 500 pages is a bit long, but for me, after just finishing Anna Karenina at 1070 pages, and just now starting a few days ago on the second Kingkiller chronicle The Wise Man's Fear which is about 1100 pages, 500 pages after that will feel like a breeze!
Ha! I expect you, Bookworm_Girl, Crowl, fbrII, GeneS, Hamlet53, holymadness, issybird, jemc, Jillbee, jsmack65, kimberlyp, Latinandgreek, peanut78, Quake1028, Synamon, Tarana, and voodoo_pepperweb—to have that massive tome read and to be ready to discuss it by the 20th of November. I'll be watching, and points will be taken off for tardiness!

And the rest of you, do as you can. I've already started, but I'm not yet past the first massive chapter!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote