View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel
Hello all,
While Uip is really great and simple to use, it is really slow on complex gui: A dialog with 256 (=16x16) buttons takes 40 sec to show while the same dialog programmed directly in Gtk+ takes only 8 sec. This is not a Lua problem: I used Uip's C-interface.
It was too nice to be good...

Anyway,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel
I want to state clearly that Iup is ok for a simple gui (say 10-20 widgets), but I think it's worth a try to port the libraries mentioned by Iņigo...

To be continued.
I have almost completed the port, 2 functions to fix and check everything works smoothly on the iliad .
In fact I've only slept 1 hour tonight (yeah, porting is addictive ;-)), but I had to stop, a meeting with a very important customer this morning, so a shower, shaving, etc...
I'll release a first version of the port to test in a few hours, posible saturday, stay tunned.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote