View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Fifteen bucks for DRM-locked ebooks.

At ABE, less than four bucks (with free shipping) for a physical book.

And there in a nutshell you have what's wrong with the ebook publishers. If they priced their books to compete with used MM paperbacks, not to avoid competing with new HCs, they'd be cleaning up. As it is, if I were going to buy one, I sure wouldn't pay 3x the price for 1/3 the rights. Higgins could be getting royalties on the ebook sales ... but instead, if I wanted one, I'd buy the used pbook. I don't read Jack Higgins anymore, though. He always kills off the characters I like.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote