View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I no longer use this method as I found that it would often pick an omnibus or collection of books instead of the original title so I had to hand check anyway and with the wrong titles inserted this was more trouble than doing 50 or so at a time by using edit metadata individually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazem View Post
That is why I have Overwrite Author and Title turned off by default.
I wrote the code that provides the option to turn off Overwrite Author and Title during metadata fetching. (Whooppee - I managed to stumble through the code and make Kovid's program do less ) Nonetheless, it's nice to see that option is actually useful to others. Its purpose was primarily to protect the author/title during bulk metadata fetches. Then you can go back with a single metadata fetch for any that look wrong and see the search results, then make a better choice. I also leave it off by default.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote