View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
tazem
tazem began at the beginning.

Device: Dell_Axim/Astak_PP
Suggestion for Download Metadata and Covers

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have some sort of progress bar for the Download Metadata and Covers. Just to have an estimate of the time remaining.

Also it would be great if this could be done in the background, freeing the program for other things. Maybe even a selection of Fetch Now or Fetch Background. It is not a problem when doing just a few, say 10 or less, that is usually just a couple minutes. But when fetching for around 1,000 it can take a very long time.

As I have just started using Calibre, and have over 50,000 titles to add, I am looking for ways to save time and speed things up.

Thanks
tazem

3 hours later ... I think it will do the background part. It has been showing the message Downloading MetaData for 930 book(s) for about 6 hours now. I am not sure if it still really working or not. I tried clearing the Search box and that brought back all the entries and the message stayed in the center of the screen.

I could select any record except the ones right under the message. The edit functions all worked. I could even fetch metadata and covers from the edit screen. Not sure if the original command is still working so I will wait a couple more hours before trying to close the program.

Does anyone know if data is written when fetched? I would hate to lose anything/

Last edited by tazem; 06-01-2010 at 07:05 PM.
tazem is offline   Reply With Quote