View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #275
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Oooh! What a fun thread to revisit!

I can update my current situation. Oh, how things have changed.

For one thing, I no longer have bandwidth caps or crappy shared speeds because I now have Google Fiber. That was a game changer.

I still have my faithful antenna on the side of the house, and it's working well just like it always has.

I still have Netflix, which my roommate and I share, and watch quite a bit on that.

Still have Amazon Prime, and watch quite a bit of stuff on there these days. Their new "Channel" offerings are nice, as I sometimes will pick up a channel for a month or two, watch everything I want to watch, then drop it.

I got a deal on Hulu (with limited commercials) via a package with my Spotify subscription. They have more that I want to watch than they used to, so I'm getting a lot of use out of that. I've enjoyed quite a bit of their original content, too. I've never minded commercials so for a few bucks a month, it's definitely been worth it.

My TV died and I replaced it with a Roku TV that I got on sale for pretty cheap. Don't remember the cost, bought it from WalMart. I've had it for about 3 years now and it's a great TV. Programmed my Harmony 650 remote with my favorite options and I can get to broadcast, Netflix, Hulu or Amazon with a button press.

With the release of Windows 10, I had switched from WMC and started running a media server using JRiver Media Center on an old refurbished computer I bought for about $60. Ran it 24/7 for a few years and then it died. I realized I wasn't really utilizing it much anyway so I haven't replaced it. I disconnected my SiliconDust tuners because I was never recording anything and I can just watch broadcast TV through the actual TV.

I used to love to tinker with this stuff. Now, I just want to push a button and have it happen.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote