View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #15
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I did see that for POST while testing but if you try to add an anchor to a POST link, it breaks. Hopefully I am just doing something wrong.

Link to PeterT's post without using the anchor (code then test):
Code: [post=2974366]link[/post]
Test: link

With anchor:
Code: [post=2974366#MyAnchor]link[/post]
Test: [post=2974366#MyAnchor]link[/post]

Alternate POST usage:
Link to PeterT's post without anchor (code then test):
Code: [post]2974366[/post]
Test: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2974366

With anchor:
Code: [post]2974366#MyAnchor[/post]
Test: [post]2974366#MyAnchor[/post]

Mostly I think it would be nice to have the ability to navigate a post/thread without reloading.
Yes, the POST bbcode expects a post ID, so that is expected.

I agree a new tag would be useful -- I had long since worked out how to link to the anchor, unfortunately as I pointed out it will reload the page which is much less useful.

I mainly see this being used for example in tubemonkey's Black Friday thread, for jumping around in a single post or the first couple posts (which all on one page, of course ), and it would be a pity to have to always reload.

Quote:
(It won't let me give you Karma for helping out on this, so let me say again: THANK YOU!)
You're welcome.

(About the karma, you cannot give to the same person twice in a row, or more than 10 times a day. You may not have given karma to anyone else since this post. Or else you have been very thankful today already. )

(I used a post bbcode, not a link. Not my usual, but more in-theme with this thread. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote