View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Feature suggestion: When I am in FBReader (not my reader of choice) and select a book I am presented with what essentially is a book jacket similar to what calibre allows you to insert into your book. First the book Cover, then Book Info (grabbed from the metadata) including Title, Author, Series, Series index, Tags, Language and Description. Following this is the path and name of the book as it sits on the Android device.

If you could insert a book jacket similar to this into what you have now, folks would go bananas. They are always looking for a better way to view book info prior to reading. You could eliminate the need for folks to insert books jackets or create catalogs.

If you presented this pseudo book jacket to the user after s/he selects a book, with navigation Read or Back buttons, this would greatly add value to your user. If they choose Read then you have the same pop-up that asks which reader they wish to use. If they choose Back you return them to where they were prior to selecting the book. I believe FBReader creates a temp file in cache to accomplish this feat.
We are going to do something like this to show "full metadata". Introducing that view between the book list and opening the book is a good idea, avoiding any long-push vs short-push differences.

Another thing I want to do (but is low priority) is to have a way to remember which reader app to use for which format. I am not sure how this would work. Android might or might not be able to give us the list of possible apps (this is Steven's department ).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote