View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynedrop View Post
I can add, edit, convert and save my books to the right folder and it includes the series and series number in it
EXAMPLE:
Spackled and Spooked - Jennie Bentley.epub
comes over as:
Spackled and Spooked - [ A Do-It-Yourself Mystery ] - 002 - Jennie Bentley.epub

which is what I want ...the result was done by editing the SAVING BOOKS TO DISK template with the following:
{author_sort}/{title} - {series} - {series_index:0>3s} - {authors}
Good so far.
Quote:
THE PROBLEM I am having is this -- I have deleted the book from calibre library as I saved it to my hard drive (until I get more books converted)
You probably didn't need to do this, and you've made it harder for yourself, but .... forging on ....
Quote:
but when I went to get all of them added back (by add books), the Series Name and Number show up in the same column as the Title
You have several options. If you need to do this again, turn on the option to save the opf file in the SAVING BOOKS TO DISK area you already know about. That will save the metadata there and calibre will pick it up when you Add the book again.

For books where you didn't do that, you can try getting metadata from the books internal metadata. If you saved it out in a format that has internal metadata (epub does), just check the option to read metadata from the book. You currently have it set to get it from the filename.

Last option: Fix the regex on Adding Books to read the metadata from the filename. If you need a regex for that, post again and give some filename examples.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote