View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #12
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
I'm using the Irex cover and I like it. Well, once my sister made me a nice cover to cover the white of the cover. I've got a post somewhere that shows off her handiwork...

I also bought the bigger stylus, so that loop holds it fine (but I am sure, as Shaggy suggests, that you can make the loop smaller to fit the tiny USA stylus).

The cover feels as if there is cardboard (or something rigid) behind the materiel of the front and back covers. Plus, it's slightly padded.

It's not much bigger than the device and it folds over nicely so the whole package is not uncomfortable to hold one-handed.

Yeah, it's overpriced - but I like the fact it uses the holes in the DR800 to connect the reader to the cover. Its more aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

In a nutshell - I like it and don't feel cheated that I spent so much money on it.

Marilyn

P.S. But, the cover will NOT save your reader if it is in the front pocket of your backpack (that is filled with textbooks and notebooks for 3 classes) and you drop the bookbag from shoulder height right onto the front pocket of the backpack. Can you say "broken screen?" To be fair - NOTHING would have protected my reader short of a solid steel/wooden box! Sigh. At least the new one's on its way...
That is sad! In the future, if you are worried about this happening again when carry your reader like that, may I suggest that see-through packing material with bubbles? We use it for sending electronic circuit boards and fragile spare parts by mail or express and never had any damages. Just this morning a stack of 5 boards (each wrapped individually) dropped on a hard tile floor from a 3 foot high desk. You can just leave a sheet in your backpack and put the reader inside.

Besides, with software version 2 the reader is the perfect notebook, now you don't need to carry those anymore.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote