View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #47
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thanks for the link, i read the article. you are probably right that the judge relied on rules of jurisprudence and precedent, which is as it should be.

however, as i said in my previous post, i do think that as a public figure and a figure of authority (particularly such high authority as a judge), he does have a responsibility to take care that his personal beliefs are separate from his professional statements and actions. i still do think it's inappropriate of a judge (note, not of the man) to make this reference about one of his cases.
Ah, Zeepee, I suspect that you would find closely following US elections enormously fascinating!