Thread: MobileRead October 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
<snip> ...I'd be fine with only adding links if posters supply you with them, on just doing without links altogether, if it makes it easier for you.

I will add that I do think inkmesh still seems like an alright site to me - it may get facts wrong, but you always find that out as you click through to the actual sites. One advantage it still has as a link here is that anyone interested can still do quick searches easier, just clicking inkmesh, then clicking the stores from there, and so despite its worsening flaws it's still the only real catch-all link option available. Perhaps you could keep it and have a prominent warning before the nominations, something similar to "inkmesh can be valuable but beware of possible outdated prices and information".
A warning label is worth considering. A shame it's come to this. Inkmesh started with such promise, but I guess the enormity of the task of keeping up with all the new titles and changes in old ones in the various bookstores has taken its toll.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote