Thread: Writing goals
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

Interested that you use 400 words per page as an average. Scrivener defaults to 350 per page, and I was wondering if you chose 400 for a reason?
Sorry Orlok, didn't see this till now. I counted the words on several pages of an admittedly Swedish book and got just short of 400. Same with the paperback of the same book. In fact I could see that the paperback was identical apart from a smaller typeface.

Just a few days ago I saw another value, unfortunately as I write I can't rememeber where, which gave about 270 for hardback and 240 for paperback. I thought those figures were pretty low actually.

What do you mean that Scrivener defaults to 350 per page? In my copy I only see character adn word counts. Character count is pretty worthless, but that's where I get the day's word count from. Is there another setting in version 2 that I've not found yet?
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote