View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #13
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedaya View Post
Maybe you know how to do this: I don't understand enough of this CSS business. I know the font I want to use is called "traditional Arabic" and the file is named trado.ttf for the regular and tradbdo.ttf for the bold-faced font.

Thanx.

I'm not sure if you need to know anything of css at all.
What are you doing? Have you copied the fonts into the fonts folder of your Pocketbook? And did you choose, after opening the book with FBreader, this font as the general font?
I've opened your book on my Pocketbook and I think I didn't have any problems (I'm not 100 percent sure as I don't have any knowledge of the Arabic language). It looked well, without any issues. I've tried some fonts like Dejavu-Sans and Linux Libertine, they worked fine.
A collection with links to Arabic fonts you can find (for instance) here:
http://www.smi.uib.no/ksv/ArabicFonts.html
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote