View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
With the 'old' system, the ePub and PDF formats were always the first to get snatched up, but I could frequently find available mobipocket offerings. I think the additional 'work' of adding the mobipocket reader with PID to one's computer is part of the reason.

Now, however, all three formats go to 'hold' status if even just one format is checked out.

I think wait times for digital books just got much longer
Maybe. But it also means that if the library didn't have an ePub edition and there is one, now they have it. All those PDF purchases instead of ePub now have ePub. Overall this is good. It also means that if there was 2 PDF 1 Mobipocket & 1 ePub, there's now 4 copies regardless of format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote